Built in HP PC Recovery or HP Recovery Discs

Discussion in 'Software' started by kmblw, Mar 30, 2007.

1. kmblw

kmblw Private E-2

Has anyone ever used the built in HP PC Recovery? Just wondering how well it works. I also have HP Recovery Discs if needed.

I'm just wondering because I'm thinking about wiping clean and doing fresh installs on everything. It's not urgent but I'm thinking it might need done in the not too distant future.

I tried System Restore several times with different dates and it didn't work so I'm wondering if the HP PC Recovery always works too and if it does a good job or not.

Thanks for any experiences or stories you can share.

kmblw

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

The built in HP Recovery works fine. It's slow, but it's OK. Your PC will be just like it was on day one: all the programs and icons that were there (like Norton, Musicmatch,all the special offer crapola, etc) will be there again. The CD's might be quicker, but you'll probably still have all the 'bloatware'.

hopperdave2000

3. kmblw

kmblw Private E-2

Thanks Hopperdave. At least it works. I'll just delete the bloatware I don't want, like I did before, if I decide to use either of them.

Have a great weekend.

kmblw

4. malakarr

malakarr Private E-2

I tried to create recovery disks in winxp but the second one froze up my pc. I had to send for them from HP at a cost of 16.21. The disks worked fine although it took about 4 hours to completely process. I believe the built-in program to create recovery disks is not very reliable as there are other people who have had the same problem. Save yourself trouble and order them from HP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds