Burn Process Failed - DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'Software' started by phillitt, Dec 27, 2004.

1. phillitt

phillitt Private E-2

Hi-

Having a problem with DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and Nero 6.6.0.3; I'm trying to burn with an internal DVD+R burner (Dell; Philips manuf), but also have a Verbatim external (DVD+/-R). I was using 1-4x blanks and they worked fine. Tried using 1-8x blanks (Sony, ESA, and Philips), both DVD-R and DVD+R, and I constant get a "Burn Process Failed" Error. 1-4X work fine.

I'll stick with what works, but would like to burn at 8x. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Phil

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Are either of the drives rated to burn at 8x? If they are rated for 4x burn speed, they will not burn at 8x speed, and probably need a firmware update just to use 8x media (won't increase burn speed, though.)

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I'd go with firmware updates also... I've had troubles with HP 8X media (purple) latley too... If you want to get paticular put the discs in and launch dvd decrypter and see who the *real* manufacture is. I also have a brand new Mad Dog (manufacture VOX) that hates every disc except Verbatiums... this is still a "budding" technology.

If you want to purchase a good program that shrinks/burns quickly look at slysoft - for dvd clone. Their anydvd is nice also.. with those 2 programs, you need nothing else.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds