Burn Process failed in Nero

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

I am trying to make a DVD in Nero, and it looks like it's burning fine, but right after the burn is at 100%, I get "Burn Process failed". Does anybody know why? Or, does anyone know a program other than Nero that I can try? Thanks.

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Not sure yet! But answer some questions. What version of Nero? And what type of media and what speed? What DVD recorder manufacturer and model?

3. Vlad the Impaler

Using Nero 6, 4X DVD-R and Sony DVD Burner!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

What size Wattage is your PSU?

I had exact same issue with a Pioneer 4xDVD it would fail @ 4x but be ok @ 2x.... checked cables, moved DVD-R to a separate channel and used other DVD burning apps all to now avail, until I noticed the PSU was sub 300W poped in a 400W and shazam!!! no failures.

5. Vlad the Impaler

I have a 330W Dell Power supply..

When I back up my DVD's using DVD Shrink, it says "BURN PROCESS FAILED" at the end, but the DVD still works fine!!

Is this OK ??

6. chaslang

Vlad,

Check out this thread and see if it helps.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=70399&highlight=DVDshrink

By the way you need to be more specific when supplying information. Nero 6 is not good enough. Give full version info like 6.3.0.2. Also give DVD media manufacturer and speed specs,. Also your DVD Burner what model by Sony. What speed were you trying to burn at?

7. Vlad the Impaler

Thanks for the link chaslang! That gave me alo tof good info.. I think I know the problem now..

8. Vlad the Impaler

Most of the time I use DVD Shrink and Nero to backup DVD's, it says "BURN FAILED" at the end , but then the DVD works and plays fine all the way through!

Should I try to reburn the DVD or just not worry about it since they work??

9. chaslang

Are you having DVDshrink directly call Nero for the burning? Some people had problems with that. Although it seem to depend on which version of Shrink and which version of Nero.

If they work okay, why bother reburning? But I would check to make sure they work on a few different standalone players first. Some players like Norcent, for example, will play anything where others may have a problem with it.

By the way, I use DVDshrink 3.1.6 and I use Nero 5.5.10.54 to burn. But I do not let Shrink run Nero automatically. I do it myself. I never have had a problem this way.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds