burned vcds won't play on regular machine without distortion and skips

Discussion in 'Software' started by Penny19571957, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Penny19571957

Penny19571957 Private E-2

hi, I have searched the forums for 2 days and have not found an answer to a question I have. I am burning vcd using realplayer...dvd suite....and each cd, now into about 25 wasted disc will play perfect on my pc but will not play without the video and audio skipping etc on my jvc karaoke machine. Could u help me?

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Burn at 4x speed or lower.

3. Penny19571957

I should also add that i am using Vista Premium, and DSL for downloading music videos etc.

4. Penny19571957

I did go to lowest speed, and still same results

5. Penny19571957

thank u I will retry

6. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

I didn't mean to come across rudely. I just remember that being an issue for me... I had problems burning VCDs, and them playing back with decent quality. I found that burning them 4x or slower did the trick. Also, how old is the JVC Karaoke machine you're attempting to play them on? Have you tried cleaning it (including using compressed air, i.e. canned air, within the disk tray compartment and etc.)? It must be frustrating having wasted that many disks already... hope you can get it figured out. :)

7. Penny19571957

well mcsmc I reburned the lowest speed 4x and same result...guess I just can't do them anymore

8. Penny19571957

the answer to problem was my jvc karaoke player was to old. Not realizing what I was doing (definitely not on smart end of computers) I was making cds to play on cdg/dvd player not karaoke player. I now have cdg/dvd player and everything plays just fine. Recording speed is now different to what older karaoke players read at. They just can't do it no matter what speed you record at when making vcd.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds