Burning a dual layer DVD using Nero

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdowns, Jun 21, 2005.

1. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

Hello Geeks. :)

I've got a 7+ gig .iso of a Linux distro that I'd like to burn to DVD. I would assume that since the file is pretty big, that I'd need to burn a dual layer DVD. Problem is, I don't know how to do that.

I am using Nero 6 Reloaded. But when I try to burn the .iso the program says that the file is too big for a single DVD. However, the program doesn't give me the option of burning the .iso as a dual layer. Is this normal? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.

2. criminelis

criminelis Corporal

What's the nero version you use?
    Nero version 6.6.0.13 supports dual layer, try an update

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

DO you have a Dual Layer compatable burner?

To check use Nero InfoTool and under supported write features, either DVD(-/+)R DL will be ticked... if they are not then your burner is not a dual layer one.

a sample pic of mine as an eg.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  4. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

Thanks for your replies.

I'm using Nero 6.6.014, so it's up to date. It's the Demo version right now, haven't received my activation code yet. Could that be a problem?

Also, Halo, my burner supports dual layer DVD-R and DVD+R. So, that's cool.

I just couldn't figure out where in the burn process I can choose the "dual layer" option. Maybe it's cause it's still the demo version. I don't know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds