Burning Several SVCD's to one Playable DVD-R

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zbalz, Jul 21, 2004.

1. zbalz

zbalz Private E-2

I have access to a DVD burner and I have MANY video cd's that I would like to convert to DVD. I figured that if I have three video files on one VCD that holds 700 mb, I can have like 20 video files one DVD-R that holds 4.7GB.

I was looking on http://www.videohelp.com/svcddvdr.htm and saw that it is a rather complicated process using that method. They even say it's not worth it in the end. Is this the only real way right now? Or is there a program out there that does all the demux/audio conv./remux for you?

Or is there even a program that supports DOS batch commands so I can set up a batch to run everything automatically?

Thanks again guys!

-zbalz

2. zbalz

zbalz Private E-2

3. zbalz

zbalz Private E-2

I also found this software:
    Cucusoft MPEG/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD/MPEG Converter Pro 4.36

I used cucusoft to convert from avi to svcd with no problems. Will it do all the crazy conversions for dvd? anyone have experience with it?

This is the last sofware recommendation I'll ask, because I see there is a lot of software out there for this. I just need to find the right one I guess...

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Well, I wouldn't convert from AVI to SVCD then to DVD. Just go straight from AVI to DVD. Most of the free video conversion software I've used just plain sucks. I've got Nero 6 Ultra Edition and it's great. It comes with Nero Vision for creating DVDs and SVCDs. It costs about $60 and IMO well worth it. I'd suggest you get that if you can afford it. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds