Buttons suddenly opening programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by eggamagga, Sep 24, 2011.

1. eggamagga

eggamagga Private E-2

Hey all, I'm having a problem with my other computer. Someone else used it and I'm not sure if they did something, but whenever the '1' key is pressed, my calculator opens, whenever my '`' button is pressed, windows media opens, whenever the 'esc' button is pressed, Google Chrome opens, and when I press 'tab' the help menu opens. I've check the keymapper program and found nothing, and none of these programs are set up with a short cut. I don't know what it could be and I need help changing my computer back to normal. Any one know what's going on?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Did you try a restore point before the person had access to your computer? If so, what were the results?

3. eggamagga

eggamagga Private E-2

No, no restore point. But it seems the keyboard was just worn out. Tried it on my other computer and got the same results, so I just replaced the keyboard. Works fine now, but thanks for the help.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Thanks for letting us know that the problem is solved and what you did to solve it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds