buying a comp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Big_Boss_1st, Oct 29, 2004.

1. The_Big_Boss_1st

The_Big_Boss_1st Private E-2

could anyone tell me what is the lowest price i can buy a new -=good=- comp for??

thunx

2. Thanatoid

Thanatoid Private E-2

It might help if you would provide a bit more information. At the least, what is your budget, exactly? And "good" is totally relative to the user. What do you plan to use the computer for (top three things, in order)? Do you have any experience building computers or are you looking for a pre-built? More Info Needed.

3. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Please read this topic before posting. It will help us to help you better.

4. The_Big_Boss_1st

The_Big_Boss_1st Private E-2

nah a pre built
    and things bye priority are_:

-play good graphic games(ff11 mainly)
    -program
    -and surf on the internet

well mainly its just playing anyways

thunx

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

playing decent games will require a geforce 5800 or higher i imagine, also a decent processor would do well for that, in my opinion an athlon, but some people prefer intels - up to you to decide.
    if you wanna go crazy get a geforce 6800 pro or radeon x800 pro, there's many debates over which is better lol you'll have to decide for yourself there!

6. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

i think you mean a 5900; and 6800gt/ultra.

Regardless between a 6800GT and a x800pro the GT is better in 90% of the cases. Even better when you OC the GT to ultra levels.

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

sorry:eek:

yeh my dad's just switched from the x800 to the 6800gt and it seems a lot smoother in performance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds