buying a new fan.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by univ`, Apr 15, 2007.

1. univ`

univ` Private E-2

lets say my cpu fan is 40mm, does that mean if i wan't to upgrade i have to use only 40mm or can i use other sizes like 50,60,65,70 ?

2. univ`

univ` Private E-2

my current fan that came with the computer came with a fan like this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...MASSCOOL+5C12B3+50mm+Ball+CPU+Cooler+-+Retail and it has that clip on, i'm trying to shop by the socket of my motherboard but to lazy to turn off PC and find out what socket it is, would any of you guys be able to tell the socket of this amd anthlon by looking at the fan maybe ?

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

first of all, what are you trying to accomplish? improve cooling, reduce noise, or just replace a broken fan? it all depends if your cooler has the mounting holes for a larger fan. if its the stock cooler id say no, you cant put a bigger fan on it but it wouldnt hurt to check

EDIT: link not working, just link to the product page, not the image page

4. univ`

univ` Private E-2

for cooling
    current temperature is 59-60.
    and did u see that link of how my current fan looks like? which is 1 post under you, and i wanna know if i have to get a fan that has that clip on like that ?

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

so...is it just the fan? or the whole cooler? you may just want to upgrade the whole cooler

PS the link was working, my computer wasnt lol

6. univ`

univ` Private E-2

just the fan, according to speedfan , my fan only goes 2250 RPM , and the model of the fan is .... EFB0612HA (mastercooler) but i'm not sure what ##ms is the fan.

7. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

well, its gonna be hard to get any decent airflow with a 50mm fan no matter how good it is. if it spins much faster its gonna be VERY VERY loud. id recommend replacing the whole cooler if you want better cooling.

I checked the specs on it and it says that the fan runs at 4800±10% RPM
    maybe make sure that its set to automatically adjust in the BIOS?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds