Buying new Motherboard/Processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Braq24, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Braq24

Braq24 Private E-2

Hi Folks,
    I don't know if this is the right forum or not. I am looking to buy a new motherboard and processor for my desktop, both of which are the only things i have never really went out and bought on my own...So i don't know too much about what I am looking for. Anyone have a guide or can point me in the right direction with this? I'm looking for something on the higher end but not ridiculously expensive. Also, not really sure if i should take the Intel or AMD path...

Any Suggestions?

2. xscottx

xscottx Private E-2

I would check out www.overclockers.co.uk and/or www.newegg.com for suggestions and you can read all sorts of reviews from consumers.Personally I would recommend going with Intel, at the moment the Core 2 Duo is better than what AMD has to offer. Though many a times it can just come down to pure opinion between the two. Some great motherboard manufacturers are ASUS and DFI.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds