bypass optiplex gx 270 front power leads to connect to dimension 2400

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by netveg199, Nov 25, 2010.

1. netveg199

netveg199 Private E-2

replaced optiplex gx 270 motherboard with dimension 4200 all connections work except the front power button/usb as 270 has 2 sub plates with leads that change in pin design from one board to the next.

I want a way to bypass this mess making it the easiest way possble to connect to dimension motherboard.

not to mention cutting down on the amount of cords stringing from one to the next..

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Get a new case. It will have standard front panel connections which are typically separate wires capable of supporting any ATX motherboard. Any other solution will be Mickey Mouse. A new case will support future upgrades and most likely much better cooling options.

3. 94dgrif

94dgrif Corporal

I'm not sure what the pins look like, but if they look anything like this or this then I may have another solution for you. You can quite easily pop wire out of the plastic connector with a small flathead screwdriver, and transfer them to another connector if you have them available. There's usually a little notch or gap with a tiny plastic rod that presses against the wire in much the same way a cable-tie works. You gently lever that rod forward and pull the wire out. The wire has a tiny metal clip which allows it to be easily inserted to these connectors. Assuming the new and old ones are fairly similar (just laid out differently) then it won't be too hard to rearrange them.

I've done this for power buttons, lights and switches before, but never USBs though from what I remember they have similar connectors too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds