BYPASS router installation software and activatemydsl.verizon.net

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rongalsr, Dec 8, 2007.

1. rongalsr

rongalsr Private E-2

BYPASS router installation software and activatemydsl.verizon.net
    I had to go to 192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect and then enter username and password. A screen then pops up which tells you that what you are doing is not allowed and that you need to ...
    I installed some verizon software on a computer hooked to a gt704wg actiontec router. This is a new verizon dsl modem/router recently received as replacement after previous one was damaged by lightning surge.
    I have it on PPPOE with username and password and it's connected fine and the PC.
    The problem is that there is some kind of verizon software blocking the internet or some ports or something.

Everytime you open an internet explorer window it does not go to the home page but instead to activatemydsl.verizon.net instead and insists that you go through this entire activation process.

This is even after uninstalling the verizon software and doing a system restore!

Remember, the computer and the modem/router says connected, it just won't do more than that.

Any help appreciated. :(

Ron

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds