Bypass School Firewall with personal server?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by souther32, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. souther32

souther32 Private E-2

Hi, I am at a boarding school with my own laptop. I have tried to set up VNC Server on my home desktop computer and VNC Viewer on my laptop but unfortunately whenever I try to connect to my Ip Address, the server always times out... my Ip Address on the desktop is static. anyways.......

I was wondering if anyone else knows of any other solution to bypass my schools firewall or to even set up my desktop as a server.

Almost all of the proxies that you enter in on the URL are blocked along with the proxy programs. Including the fresh proxies...

Basically, is there any other programs that allow for a remote connection or something similar where I can connect from my laptop at school, directly to the desktop in order to bypass the firewall and connect to facebook

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Majorgeeks will not assist you with this :) Hope you understand why

3. souther32

souther32 Private E-2

Im just simply trying to get on facebook and connect with all of my friends back at home...

4. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

"Hope you understand why"... Apparently not. :)

Your school has a policy against FaceBook for a reason. If you object, I recommend taking up the complaint with your school's administrator rather than trying to circumvent their filter.

5. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

I suggest email or telephone as an alternative.

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Continue trying and they could detect it and could possibly lead to dismissal.

7. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

For reasons stated we at Majorgeeks will nto assist you in this circumvention of a block put in place by the network admin of your school. If you have good reason to visit Facebook and its part of your learning experience, then state your case to the network admin in having this block removed.

I have to in work follow specific rules on what sites can or cannot be viewed, bypassing these will lead to instant dismissal and while you may not be dismissed from school it may go on your school record and may harm any job you go for later in life, especially if its a Government or job in IT.

Topic closed.

Regards
    Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds