Bypassing Smartfilter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PvtDonut, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PvtDonut

PvtDonut Private E-2

Ok here is the deal I work for the Air Force and am Away from my home for 5 days at a time I'm looking for a way to passby Smartfilter while I'm at work so I can play games like EvE online or some other MMORPG cause I sit in an office for 12hrs and can't go anywhere. I Dl a program called sockscaps by don't know if it will work can anyone help me

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  2. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

If the SmartFilter has a Cyfin Reporter setup on it, like they usually do, you're sure to get caught. Government agencies hate it when their bandwidth is used for playing games and not productivity. I work for a government agency and 4 employees were terminated for similar reasons, and the Cyfin gave them up.

3. PvtDonut

PvtDonut Private E-2

Ok so how to I tell if it has a cyfin reporter on it and There is nothing for me to do relating to productivity. I dispatch patrols and answer phones

4. Qwertyman66

Qwertyman66 Private E-2

Did you sign an Acceptable use agreement regarding the usage of the computers when you were first employed? You probably will have done. Read it. It will almost certainly have a clause saying that you are not allowed to bypass any software or hardware restrictions that are imposed upon you. It may also extend to not installing any non approved third party applications on "their" machine that they allow you to use.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well said Qwertman66.

That should pretty much sum up the thread. We don't help bypass filters here anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds