c:\windows\system32 folder has disappeared

Discussion in 'Software' started by cyberwil, Jun 4, 2005.

1. cyberwil

cyberwil Private First Class

could some one please help me. c:\windows\system32 folder has disappeared from windows explorer. my computer was infected by msconfigs.exe, winupdate.exe and p2pnetwork.exe. i have successfully got rid of the virus but i realised that c:\windows\system32 folder has disappeared. i have not turned system restore on since clearing my system of the infection. SOMEONE, ANYONE, PLEASE...heeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

control panel>folder option(inside appearence and theme in the category view)>view
    is the hidden files and folder set to show?

3. cyberwil

its still not showing. funny enough my AV and ASW programs actually scan the system 32 folder but it does not appear on my computer

4. Anon-068c403e2d

What happens when you type the whole address into the address bar in explorer?

5. cyberwil

when i type c:\windows\system32 on the run command and press enter the system32 folder appears but what baffles me is that the foler does not appear on mycomputer\c:\windows. I've also checked "show hidden folers on folder options

6. Anon-068c403e2d

check display the contents of system folder.

7. cyberwil

still no luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds