C00D1199: Cannot play the file..avi file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by fidel, Feb 1, 2006.

1. fidel

fidel Private E-2

what is it i have to download in order for me to play avi files with wmp 10..ive done goggle searches and all..majorgeeks was my last resort

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

In WMP Tools>Options>File Types tick the avi checkbox.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Use GSpot or VideoInspector to scan the file and supply links for required codecs.

Or you can use Media Player Classic or VLC Player which shouldn't have any problems.

5. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

There are a couple of different codec packs in the Multimedia directory on the MG home page. Either of these will load the codec you need for .AVI and many other rare and obsecure codecs. They also have the Media Player Classic in them. They also have the codec needed to play DVD disks in media Player, JetAudio or many other media players.

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Installing codec packs in the hope of finding the correct one is never a good idea.

They can cause irreparable corruption.

7. fidel

fidel Private E-2

its a WINRAR file..so my only option is to use WMP to play it..its not like a regular file where i can left click and chose which player i want to use...with WINRAR the file extracts then plays

8. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

When I installed the codec pack it gave me complete control over exactly what codecs I wanted installed. I choose only the ones I thought I would need and have not experienced any undesireable results. One of the specific reasons I used the codec pack was to be able to play AVI files and it works great. It is my understanding that Microsoft has removed the AVI codec from MP and no longer provides it because they don't own the rights to the codec. I tried other methods of playing the AVI files but none were successful.

9. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

I haven't used WinRAR in a long time but you should be able to configure it to extract only, and then choose your player.

10. fidel

fidel Private E-2

shnerdly whats the "MG" home page address?

11. Ayanla

Ayanla Private E-2

12. fidel

fidel Private E-2

i just uninstalled all my codecs and downloaded K-LITE..now the majority of those files run other then 2 of them

13. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

You shouldn't have had to uninstall anything.

Which 2 files don't run?

14. fidel

fidel Private E-2

i think their 2 avi files..but ill figure something out eventually

15. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

If you are able to run all other .avi files but you have 2 that you can't run then the files either have the wrong file extension or they are corrupt.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds