CachemanXP 34/36 foibles

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shataan, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Shataan

Shataan Private First Class

ok, I LOVE the 34 release from yesterday. Tried todays 36 update, and noticed a few things. Norton speeddisk walks very slow now, incomparison to how it usually runs at racehorse speeds. And my webpage loading became very sloooow as well. Pages just sat there waiting to load.

So I reinstalled the 1.0.0.34 version, and all is back to speedfreaktown again. Have no clue as to what is going on with the webpage slow loading on the 36 version, and why websurfing is seemingly mindblowing with my 34 version useage.

In Nortons Speeddisk you can set the cpu priority level. I set it to high within speeddisk. CachemanXP seems to not recognise this and sets it at normal. It is all I can come up with at this time to explain the speeddisk slowdown issue. As soon as I set it within CachemanXP back to high, speed disk runs like it always has, fast again.

I think I will stay with the 1.0.0.34 version for a bit, keep it as a tester for upcoming versions. It rocks my world!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds