CALL OF DUTY 2, I need help setting the graphics to run smoothly

Discussion in 'Software' started by superstar, Aug 11, 2006.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Hello I just bought "Call Of Duty 2",

The game installed fine, and loads quick. The problem I am having is during gameplay. The game runs smooth and looks very detailed. So I know that it can run on my machine. But I guess it's installed at some high settings or something, because when I play the game skips every 2 minutes or whenever I'm running or in a big battle. When I say it skips I just mean that the picture kind gets stuck for like 1 second. It's ennoying and I bet it's because it is installed at some high settings or something. Can someone help me set this game to run as smooth as possible for my specs?

Thank You

P.s.
    My specs can be seen below on my signature...

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

no, it's not installed at high graphics settings. The game doesn't setup your graphics settings during the installation, you set up what your computer can handle graphics wise or you can choose to have the game automatically adjust for what you have. Your problem is probably either the fact thay you only have 512 mb of ram or that your processor is only 1.4ghz. This game is pretty demanding. Not the most demanding graphics wise, but you need a pretty good setup to run it with higher graphic settings. Try going into your options menu and video and then lowering some of the settings. That'll probably work.

3. jedandjess

jedandjess Private First Class

Hi.
    Your 512MB ram is probably just good enough, though the game prefers DDR for texture swapping. Your P3 1.4 is probably not cutting it though. My friend has an AthlonXP 2.4 and a geforce 4Ti graphics card, with 512DDR, and his machine barely handles the high settings. If he plays in medium settings, the gameplay is smooth. Try lowering settings or looking for tweak guides on google for your game.

4. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I agree with the above. I have a P4 2.4 Gig, 1 Gig or RAM and a lower end video card and it was barely playable (the worst game that I've tried my my machine and its done well with Doom3, Quake 4 and HL2). The missions which had alot of smoke were the worst.

5. superstar

I will try to lower the settings. But sorry this is the first time I'm ever going to do that in a pc game. I'm new to pc gamming. What should I be looking for to lower? By the way the game runs nice, other than the 1 second skip here and there every two three minutes.

6. jedandjess

jedandjess Private First Class

I maybe be stupid but i don't see what graphics card you have in your spec. Still, try to lower processor hungry effects, not graphics card hungry settings. These are stuff like physics detail (ie. ragdoll effects), view distance and AI settings. Also smoke, unless you have a new generation graphics card (geforce 6/7, ATI X800/X1600+).

7. superstar

sorry JEDANDJESS i just updated my signature please look at it now.

im new to pc gamming so more help will be good.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds