Call of Duty 4 crashes

Discussion in 'Software' started by dutchj, May 9, 2008.

1. dutchj

dutchj Private E-2

I've recently bought Call of Duty 4 for my PC. The game usually works fine, but the problem is that it sometimes crashes while loading levels in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, and on rare occasions also during gameplay. I've searched the web for all possible solutions, and the most probable cause of the problem is that my sound drivers conflict with the game. If anyone can confirm this, I will post a topic in the Drivers help. Ofcourse, if anyone knows a different solution that would be great. For the sake of my driver (settings): My motherboard is an ASUS P4SP-MX, and the drivers are SoundMAX 5.12.01.3665.

2. dutchj

dutchj Private E-2

Well, what I suspected to be the problem didn't work out very well, so I'll go into detail:

When I'm in a game it works perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever. In singe and multiplayer. But in some loading screens, like when loading missions on singleplayer, or when changing or loading maps on multiplayer, the game crashes giving me what is in the included screenshot. The Error window seen in the bottom of the screen cannot be viewed because of the black overlay of the crashed game. I've searched thoroughly to find a fix for this problem, but none of them have worked so far.

As I've said, if it's a sound driver problem the only thing I can change are the settings, because new drivers won't intall on my PC. At least not Realtek drivers. Can anyone help me?

Specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS P4SP-MX
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
    Video card: MSI Nvidia GeForce NX7600GT
    RAM memory: 768MB

3. babbhs157

babbhs157 Private E-2

i have the same problem with cod4 and also can't install realtec sound drivers.did anyone found any solution?i have install reinstall the game many times but nothing hapens..

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

what are the specs of your computer, esp motherboard?

5. xxxicey

xxxicey Private E-2

Wait..What exactly is the error you both are getting..Word for word

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds