Call of duty 4 installation problem.

Discussion in 'Software' started by stanny93, Jul 28, 2008.

1. stanny93

stanny93 Private E-2

Hi, iv been playing call of duty 4 for around 4 months, and the new 1.7 patch had just come out.

After installing the patch, it couldnt find my cod4_mp.exe. So i uninstalled the game.

I then went to reinstall it, but it wont. It gets stuck on iw_07 and wont move.

It is really annoying, any help would be much appreciated

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. stanny93

stanny93 Private E-2

iv waited atleast 20 minutes and it didnt move abit, then a box comes up, with the options to either 'abort' or retry'. Also it says on the link you gave me that if it has been installed before, it is most likely to be an error with your cod4 CD/DVD ROM. do you think thats the problem ? thanks

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

could be...any scratches on it? or fingerprints, etc?
    might also want to run ccleaner to empty some temp folders, and run the registry cleaner in ccleaner

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds