Can a program that frequently errors 'Win 16 has insufficiant resources' kill?

Discussion in 'Software' started by laylaloudg, Jan 5, 2010.

1. laylaloudg

laylaloudg Private E-2

I run a billing program at my office that, when run for a while, will give me an error message reading 'Win 16 subsystem has insufficiant resources to continue running...' Typically I will close it out, reboot, and good to go. However, the last time this happened I got the screen of death. Windows failed to install, even in safe mode. My IT guy has had my computer for over a month now, and has no such luck diagnosing the problem, or fixing it.

Just wondering if this program could have eventually led to the collapse of my operating system? Thanks for your help!

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi and welcome to Majorgeeks ^^

I think it's very unlikely that a 16-bit program would actually damage a Windows installation. The insufficient resources error is pretty normal when running legacy applications.

Which version of Windows is it?

3. laylaloudg

laylaloudg Private E-2

The computer was running XP. The IT guy has tested all of the hardware and everything seems ok there...

Thanks

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Your IT guy hasn't tried a repair install of XP yet?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds