Can anyone double check this?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tim2point0, Jul 15, 2010.

1. tim2point0

tim2point0 Private E-2

Hey all. So this is my first solo computer building op, and I was wondering if anyone could just run through what I have chosen and make sure I won't have any compatability issues. I already have a case, and hard drives, as well as optical drives and monitors that are all up to date, so all I'm worried about is the processor, motherboard, video card, and RAM. Thanks guys.

Crucial 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model CT51264BA1339
    Model #:CT51264BA1339
    Item #:N82E16820148346

GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Model #:GA-890FXA-UD5
    Item #:N82E16813128441

GIGABYTE GV-N465UD-1GI GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    Model #:GV-N465UD-1GI
    Item #:N82E16814125332

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
    Model #:HDT90ZFBGRBOX
    Item #:N82E16819103849

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Looks all supported

What PSU are going to use for that?

3. tim2point0

tim2point0 Private E-2

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I have a slightly older Roswill 700w PSU that I was intending to use, but I may need to upgrade it depending on if I go SLI or not. Since the video card only has one HDMI outbound I may go with SLI so I can throw a second one in and have each monitor dedicated to single cards. What are your thoughts?

4. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Would wait before you use the PC and get a quality PSU. Rosewill is a very low quality power supply. Rosewill re brands products. If the PSU fry's or goes out it could take components of your system out with it to.

If you need a good PSU on a budget I would recommend OCZ. If money isn't an issue with I would suggest Corsair. I've had good experiences with both of them.

5. tim2point0

tim2point0 Private E-2

Ok, thanks man. Yeah, cash is not a major issue at all. Deployment money FTW lol. I really appreciate the help. It's been a while since I even dabbled in hardware so I'm behind the curve, and like I said, this is my first soloproject so I want to make sure everything is just right. I'll lookinto the Corsair models.

6. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I would suggest a good 750W for you.

I have a Corsair TX750W and love it. No issues for about 8months now.

Glad i was able to help you :)

7. tim2point0

tim2point0 Private E-2

Ok, now if I go with the SLI do you think that the 750W will still suffice?

8. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Depends on what cards you SLI

If you were to SLI two GTX 465 I would go with a 850 watt Corsair

9. tim2point0

tim2point0 Private E-2

Ok, man. Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated. I'll construct a virtual statue to you and have your praises sung throughout all my circuits for generations!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds