Can anyone explain permissions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leepy Lee, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Leepy Lee

Leepy Lee Private E-2

I have a Win7 pc and an XP pc both on a WORKGROUP network.

From the Win 7 pc I can look at the XP files and open the majority of My Documents etc.

I've exported my XP IE bookmarks to an htm file and copied that across to the desktop of the Win7 pc. But if I try to import the bookmark.htm file into IE9 on the Win7 pc it tells me I don't have permission.

I am logged on as the administrator, so what else do I need to do to access/import this file?

Any pointers please?

:confused

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I'm not sure what the solution is but here's a suggestion. In your Programs menu on Win 7, right click on IE and select "Run as administrator" and then see whether you can import the favorites.

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Any folder you want to be able to access from another computer on the same network must first be shared, and the level of access selected - basically read or read and write. You share a folder in the right click context menu.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds