can anyone identify these pop ups i get

Discussion in 'Software' started by ferg46, May 24, 2007.

1. ferg46

ferg46 Private First Class

i cant make sense of either of these pop ups and i am not dure on the correct course of action

they are unrelated i think but i didnt think it was neccesary to make 2 threads

the sonicstage pop up usually appears every time i shut the programme down

the comodo pop up appears upon start up but i cant figure out which programme is trying yo use the internet so i keep denying connection

Attached Files:

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

The comodo warning is saying that the Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool is trying to contact Microsoft with information about your Operating system. It won't hurt your system's performance to deny. Many people go as far as to REMOVE this tool (from XP systems at least - not sure if it works as well for Vista as WGA is supposed to be cooked in?)

The SonicStage error is PROBABLY a DLL issue. The easiest thing to try to resolve that would be to reinstall. However, I'm getting the feeling this is an OEM system and you don't have the installation files? Is that true?

3. ferg46

cool so i think im going to block it from now on (comodo)

yep the sonic software is made by roxio i think and it did come preinstalled on the computer so i dont have the re install disk

does the error message do any damage to my computer as it doesnt bother me to much

thanks for help mada

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I don't think so, but I wouldn't be the one to say that it is impossible. If the program gets killed in the middle of a file transaction, there is the potential for corruption.

If you were to post your computer's make and model, we can likely find you instructions for reinstalling the app.

5. ferg46

fortuntately the pop up only appears when i close the programme down but other than that it works fine

i think for now il just ignore it as it doesnt cause me any problems thanks for help mate

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds