Can anyone make a small program for me?

Discussion in 'Software' started by lightmeup, Dec 12, 2005.

1. lightmeup

lightmeup Private E-2

Ok, so im getting into this whole Christmas lights and computer thing... and i knwo nothing about programming, the program i found that is free, and open source is called comet... http://home.houston.rr.com/dman776/ this program is good, but i want to make the full use of my serial port... Comet will only allow you to use ports 2-9 as outputs, but contorl bits on ports 1, 14, 16, and 17 are opposite, so instead of writting a 0 for low, you need to write a 1

So what am i asking? that someone can keep comet ALMOST the same, except let it support using 1, 14, 16, 17 as outputs as well, And also the use of multiple paralell ports as seperate channels would be great this way i can run 3 8 channel controllers from my computer for a total of 36

The changes... Allow use of ports 1, 14, 16, 17 as outputs... and the use of 3 paralell ports for a total of 36 channels

2. lightmeup

lightmeup Private E-2

can someone at least give me another site to try??

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I took a quick peek at what you're looking for and although it looks like it would be real run to try it, the bottom line is it's in VB6 and I'll never look at classic VB so help me.. lol. Anywho.. not sure where else to send you other than to google for "Visual Basic Forums" and see if the crowd at any given site looks like a good crowd to go with. Aside from that, if I had the equipment to test something like this with, I would give it a go building it in .NET.. alas.. I don't have the equipment, hence I cannot begin to develop such a program.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds