Can anyone possibly help me out?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Whatsername851039, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Whatsername851039

Whatsername851039 Private E-2

Hi guys! I haven't been around much getting ready for a move but I have recently run into a problem and I knew if anyone could help me it'd be here :) For once this has nothing to do with computers lol

My mom got a big flat screen tv a few years ago for the living room it had a vcr and a dvd player hooked up to it. My sister and her boyfriend started using the tv for their video games so when my mom go a tv from her old work a year or so ago that she put it in her bedroom she moved the dvd player and vcr to her room too. The problem is though that now the dvd player doesn't play hardly any movies. It's hard to explain you can put in a movie let's say Fight Club for ex. and it will start to play it but the picture flickers horribly and the color goes to really dark to really light. You switch the movie to The Italian Job and that plays just fine.

How can a dvd player be selective when it worked just fine on the other tv and hooked up to the same vcr? When my sister left for vacation we moved the dvd player and vcr back down stairs and now it does the same thing where it worked just fine before. A ps2 does it also and the portable dvd player. My vcr recently died on me so I had to switch to an old one we already had and now mine is doing the same thing and I've never had problems before. Once again my PS2 and the portable dvd player react the same way. I have jacks on the back of my tv but they don't seem to work.

Since it's getting to be Christmas movie time this is very distressing because sitting in a computer chair for 2 hours watching a movie isn't the greatest especially for my mom. I can give you any more information that you need just let me know the specifics of what it would be. I hope someone here can help us out :)

Thanks so much guys!

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Remove the VCR and see if works

3. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

The first thing I would suspect is the cables or another thing that is common in all situations. I'd replace one cable, or even start swapping cables, before buying enough cables to swap out the entire house.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds