~Can Anyone Recommend a Good FPS~

Discussion in 'Software' started by *WavyGravy*, Feb 1, 2006.

1. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

I always rely on the rumors that float around here( and X-Play) to get a good idea of games coming out that I maybe interested in. I own FEAR, FarCry, BattleField 1+2 and Halo( which totally blew balls)and HL2. Please keep in mind that my internet is out in my good pc( im on my cheapo HP now) so I dont get to play alot of multiplayer games...so if any of you could recommend a really good FPS with good single player missions I'd be quite greatful.

ps...Does FEAR have a ep coming out soon? or is it a new game altogether?

Thanks Peeps

*Wavy*

2. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

3. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

I really liked both Call Of Duty games, and also it may be worth looking into Deus Ex, and Deus Ex: Invisible War, both of which are non-linear, and have a great storyline and mulitple outcomes.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Try some of the older games.

Deus Ex is very good, as is Return To Castle Wolfenstein, No One Lives For Ever 2, Hitman Codename 47, Hitman Silent Assassin, Soldier Of Fortune Double Helix (awesome game and AI).

They can be picked up for next to nothing these days.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Call of Duty 2 is great! (But not as good as Civilisation 4 ;) ) [These two games prevented me from helping out in the MG forums.... :( )

Looking forward to Prey.

I have a friend who really loves Serious Sam 2.

6. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

Some good ones are the SWAT series, Rainbow 6 series, Quake 4, Doom 3, Republic Commando (Star Wars), Jedi Knight series.....thats all i can pull outta my butt as of this moment. btw, i really dont like Dreamcatcher (they make that Painkiller game) From what i've played their games are really buggy and overall just plain SUCK. Ive heard that some people enjoy the Battlecruiser series tho...

7. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

I tried COD1 and didnt like it too much, but havent tried COD2 yet...and after checking the screenshots at ebgames it looks pretty good. Thanks for the Deus Ex suggestion. Thanks Steev:)

Thats a great list Insomniac( and cheap too).I havent tired any of the Hitman series yet...didnt know they were FPS style. ...Thanks:D

I decided to put Civilization on hold until I try out the new Rise of Nations 2, I love the concept in Civilization but its abit long for me. But I'm picking up the Age of EmpiresIII this Friday...so that will hold me off. Thanks Foo:)

Has anyone tried Alexander?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243305.asp

Thanks for your time guys

*Wavy*

8. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

I had damn near fogotten Quake4, thanks for the suggestion Vipe. Ive heard bad things about the SWAT series being buggy( but have no confirmation on that, just heresay) and PainKiller. And the Rainbow series has so many games...could you name a few of your favorites?

I like the SeriousSam game, Im just trying to steer clear of cartoon like games( like Halo for instance)...how many highres games are out there( like HL2 or FEAR). I havent seen any games that look that good.I have HL2 on my pc, but my internet screwed up so I cant access my Steam account..DAMN YOU STEAM!:mad:

Thanks for your suggestions guys!

*Wavy*

9. Insomniac

The RainBow Six series are more squad or team based FPS.

For Hitman, don't get Hitman Contracts. It's not as good as the others in the series. (there is a new one due later this year)

Mafia is very good, as is Chrome.

If you like stealth, the Splinter Cell series are pretty good, as well as Thief 2 The Metal Age and System Shock.

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 aren't too bad either.

I mentioned this previously, but Soldier Of Fortune Double Helix has the most incredible and challenging AI I've ever seen in a game.

What makes it even more impressive is when the age of the game is taken into consideration.

It's also very stable, and doesn't really have many bugs. Highly recommended!

These aren't new games, but they are still a lot of fun.

10. Batteries

Batteries Private E-2

Don't forget the gore! I just love blowing off a guys two legs with the shotgun! I've never seen so many "killing options" than in SOF2. Its a very realistic depiction of what would happen if you really shot someone, which is why I love the game.

11. Insomniac

LOL, the sound of the blood pumping out is great too.

It's a brillant game. Probably one of the best, if not best, FPS ever.

12. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Cant find the Soldier of Fortune:Double Helix, is it only a download? Gamestop didnt have it, maybe I'll have to order it from the site...

http://www.ravensoft.com/soldier2.html

Just picked up Doom3 ( Quake 4 was soldout), thanks for your time peeps.

*Wavy*

13. Insomniac

It's not a new game, but you should be able to order it, or it should be listed.

Doom3 is OK, but it's pretty dark and spooky. Have fun! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds