can anyone recommend good free web page provider?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by breadbin, Jul 28, 2004.

1. breadbin

breadbin Private E-2

I have looked around at a few and I basically want a place that has no popups but a smallish banner on the page. I would like to have a fairly easy address to remember. cheers

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

3. Darkruler

Darkruler Private E-2

u pay nothing! nothing at all!

4. jawpaul

jawpaul Private E-2

Your isp generally gives you some webspace. Check with them for information.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

6. Draith

Draith Private E-2

alternatively, you can get to know people on various internet arenas, such as the irc, through mu*s... many of them host their own servers and if you get to know them well enough, will gladly give you free accounts on their sites. I've gotten several accounts this way - full with web, email, shell access, news.

on another note, merely having a domain, such as *.tk doesn't do you good. you need to have space to put your webpages, otherwise the address points to nothing.

o draith

7. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

the .tk names aren't actually real domain names, they just make it shorter. That is why it is free. Like for instance my real domain name is www.geocities.com/neonemesis90 but that is much to long so I use www.alien-head.tk to shorten it up.

8. Draith

Draith Private E-2

actually the *.tk names are domain names. that extension .tk is for a country. if forget which one off the top of my head, but generally those two letter extensions belong to countries. for example:
    .uk - belongs to the UK
    .ca - goes to canada
    .tv - also belongs to a country, forget which one, but they've been making lots of money off their extension, i'm sure you know why ;)

o draith

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds