Can deleted emails be retrieved, Outlook Express?

Discussion in 'Software' started by luckyvic, Aug 10, 2008.

1. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

:cry

I accidently deleted a very important email yesterday, can it be retrieved?
    Is there any free software that does that?

Thanks in advance.

2. oma

oma MajorGeek

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I don't believe that product is designed to retrieve deleted messages. It's mainly a way of viewing messages in archived .dbx files.

luckyvic, I don't think you're going to be able to retrieve that message. You did not just send it to the Deleted Items folder, right?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

This very old unsupported version I kept of DBXtract can recover deleted emails from Outlook Express, see attached.

Remember to also click Recover Mode, it should if your using Outlook Express and XP add the input locations in automatically, you then just need to create an output folder to save the emails too.

The OE store locations can be in either of two places
    C:\Windows\Application Data\Outlook Express\{GUID} or C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

{GUID} is a Global Unique IDentifier which is a long hexidecimal line of text thats unique to you, but you should be able to work out that they are from following the folder locations.

eg. {3F2504E0-4F89-11D3-9A0C-0305E82C3301}

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  5. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

I tried both programs that oma and Halo suggested, but no luck.

You did not just send it to the Deleted Items folder, right? Right, I also emptied the 'Deleted Items" Folder as well. (Damnit!)

Do you not retain emails on your email account provider's server? I'm not sure if they are, I didn't setup my email account, the Charter tech did.

Thank all of you for responding, as always kind people here helping yo-yo's like me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds