can I convert .AIFF files on a PC?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cali k8, Jan 2, 2009.

1. cali k8

cali k8 Private E-2

My BIL gave me disc of our kids singing songs for my folks. I can't play it on any CD player or on my computer. He has a mac, I have a PC. He said iTunes should play it, but I can't even get iTunes to see the files. Is there a trick?
    You guys are THE BEST, even if I am asking for the impossible, I still thank you for reading this.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try Foobar2000. Make sure you select to add optional converter component when installing.

3. sach2

I just tried it, pretty easy. Just open the file in Foobar and right-click it in the playlist and select convert. Pick your format and takes a few seconds. [I have K-lite codec pack on my computer so I had many formats available but I think many of them will be available even without an additional codec pack].

Oh, and during install under Tools>Optional>the Converter is already selected (with the little alien face) so just make sure you don't accidentally clear the box.

4. cali k8

cali k8 Private E-2

Didn't work. I give up. He will just have to burn it for me. but THANKS! for trying.

5. sach2

OK, but if you convert the aiff to wav you can then use the free CDBurnerXP to make an audio CD that will play in a regular CD player. Or Windows Media Player should be able to burn it once it is in wav format.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds