can i link programs to update on excel?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jaruler, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jaruler

jaruler Private First Class

ok you IT gurus

is it possible to update a program called groupwise (its like outlook) to update calander info to a exel spreadsheet.

also will it be able to update in real time each time an update is made on groupwise?

basicly i want it to be able to update meetings and bookings made to the diary and then uploaded to excel for global month viewing for 6 persons calenders.

if not excel is there another excel type program?

kind regards

craig

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

We used to run Groupwise at my organization until last year. Never heard of anyone linking it to Excel in this way.

What we did do though to get around this problem was to create central calendars. When people made appointments in their calendars or sent others appointments, we always "invited" the central calendar as an attendee. That way everyone's schedule could be found on the one calendar.

Different method to what you suggest, but same end result if I am understanding you correctly.

3. jaruler

jaruler Private First Class

yea i have access to all there calenders read and write but can only see 1 day at one time for all those i have acces to. what i want is a global view for all and groupwise cant do this.

so i was hoping if there was a way i can import data from the months calander to spreadsheet?

that way i can see gobal view for full month of meetings and appointments and slots free.

thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds