can i mix dc ram with single c ram ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pedro702lv, Mar 2, 2008.

1. pedro702lv

pedro702lv Private E-2

hi i orderd 2x512 ddr2 pc4200 dc kingston ram witch i want to run in duel channel mode will it still run in duel channel mode if i add them the with mysingle channel 1X512 pc4200 and 1X256 pc4200 or will it be better if i just run them all in single mode will the 512 and 256 run in duel channel mode the sped is the same pc 4200 :wave:confused

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

For dual channel the parts have to be absolute clones of each other, so buying a kit was definitely the right things to do. That new 2x 512MB pair will run in dual channel as long as you keep it in a channel by it self. Put them in two slots of the same color, and you're good.

3. pedro702lv

pedro702lv Private E-2

ok cool but what will run faster more ram or just the 2x512 dc thanks for your time i realy apreciate it love this forum keep up the good work :wave

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Generally speaking, more RAM is always better and faster.

5. pedro702lv

pedro702lv Private E-2

ok great thanks for your advice sargeant mimzy:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds