Can I retrieve deleted hotmail folders!

Discussion in 'Software' started by 27copamo, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 27copamo

27copamo Private E-2

Having installed Outlook to handle my hotmail acccount, it brought over all of my folders but only the first 5 had all of the emails in them the rest were blank. As all the folders were under my main email heading ( in Outlook) I moved them into the "personal folders" section. I went back into my hotmail account directly and they had ALL been deleted! Can I retreive them from the Microsoft server?

2. cake

cake Corporal

probably not, unless you have a paid for account & it's been less than 24 hours IF that's even an option. my ISP mail allows retrieval of deleted emails if it's been less than 24 hours but i've never used that.

make sure you check the properties in the account (in Outlook) and make sure you don't have "delete from server" checked.

in future, best to move all emails into one folder before importing into Outlook/Outlook Express, then set up your folders in O/OE. only had yahoo accounts and that's what i had to do on my XP with OE6 & FreePOPs. have a couple live accounts now but don't use them much (they're for when i finally have had enough of yahoo...although i no longer need to go on the web to get my yahoo email). i just get my live emails & move them to the appropriate folders because i'm too lazy to set up filters in OE.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds