Can I stop child turning off saving msn messages

Discussion in 'Software' started by ambercat, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ambercat

ambercat Private E-2

Hi, I was just wondering if there's a way to stop 'saved windows messenger' messages from being turned off. I have a special needs child and want him to use messanger but need to keep a copy of what he is writing for his own safety as there has been problems in the past. Another child has taught him how to turn it off and I was wondering if there was a way to stop him doing this or a different way to see the conversations he has had. I cannot really afford to buy a program.
    Thanks for your help

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Sounds like a healthy child to me. :)

3. ambercat

ambercat Private E-2

I'm sorry I know it sounds big brotherish but this is a child with severe problems who finds it hard to distinguish between reality and fantasy, As he is in his early teens I do not want to stop him talking to his friends but in the past he has been a victim of other kids who have actually put him in danger but think they are just having a joke as they don't understand. I need to check who is talking to him so I can tell real friends. I am not an overbearing parent-I have other children who use messenger with no controls as they understand what is being said and how it works.
    I would appreciate any help with this
    Thanks

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

MSN is a security risk anyway. You should use Windows Live Messenger. I don't know the parental controls in Windows Live Messenger 8.5 but they got some press coverage when they were launched. http://messenger.live.com/

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

6. ambercat

ambercat Private E-2

That looks perfect-Thank you very much for your help. It is windows messenger he uses-I always refer to it as msn through habit. I cant find parental control settings so will probably have to download latest version but I think the monitoring software will be my best bet.
    Thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds