Can I swap my sempron 2400 for an Athlon 2400...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moonanimal, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Moonanimal

Moonanimal Private E-2

Guys and girls, hope you are all well and happy. :)

I have two PC's available to me right now, I'm keeping one and selling the other.

I wish to take the Athlon XP2400 processor out of the one I'm going to sell and put in into the one I'm keeping.

The one I'm keeping currently has a Sempron 2400 processor and I need to know if I can simply swap the processors over or could there be incompatibility issues with the motherboards on both machines?

Thankyou in advance for your help.

Ziggy

2. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

they are both socket A, so it should be fine.

good luck.

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Actually, there are 2 types of Semprons. There are Socket A (462? Pins) and Socket 754 Processors. Make sure they are both Socket A.

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Also you may check on the motherboard manufactors site to make sure its compitable.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

As Wyatt_Earp mentioned, if indeed this is a socket A cpu, then you should be fine. If not, we need to know your mobo type.

6. smokeydeadlegs

smokeydeadlegs Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds