can i use 2 sound cards?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by proevofanatik, Jun 20, 2006.

1. proevofanatik

proevofanatik Private E-2

is it possible to use 2 sound cards at the same time?
    e.g i want to use my on board sound for playing music and watching video.
    but i want to install a sound card into my pci slot so i can talk on skype. also when i talk on skype and play a game at the same time i hear the skype and the game through the head set. i want to hear the skype through my head set and hear the game or music threough my speakers. is it possible to do this? my head set isnt usb. its the black and pink plugs.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well certainly having the two devices loaded shouldn't cause any problems although I've never tried using two separate devices at the same time.

Under Control panel>Multimedia you can set what device you use for playback and recording and these can certainly be different sound cards.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds