Can I use a picture frame as a monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by temple-Lobe, Jul 7, 2012.

1. temple-Lobe

temple-Lobe Private E-2

Hello,

I've got a Technika TPFA70 7" photo frame which is doing nothing and I wondered if I could connect it up as a monitor - this would be ideal for my "music pc" in the back room

It only has a usb port (same size as standard pc usb port) and power port, that's it - (I'm running winXP)

If I buy a usb to usb cable and connect it to my pc would work as a very small monitor?

If not, is there a way of doing it with adapters etc?

Help much needed, thanks in advance

Andy

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

3. temple-Lobe

temple-Lobe Private E-2

I have a usb port on the picture frame, wouldn't I be able to connect to the pc's usb after installng the displaylink software?

If not, is the adapter you are talking about meant to plug into the vga socket and then back to the picture frame, as in "VGA to USB adapter" - a male vga?

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

No, because the USB port on the picture frame is to load pictures into memory, not for active port use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds