Can I use a soundcard and onboard sound at the same time?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jawa Slayer, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

I have a sound blaster Live! 24 bit soundcard in my pc and my motherboard has a built in sound card. Can I used both at the same time without causing problems on my computer? (I want to use the sound blaster card for my main speakers and the onboard soundcard for my microphone headset so I don't have to keep swapping the plugs at the back of the pc).

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Depending on the age and type of PC your CD may have a headphone jack, independant of the soundcard. Otherwise you have to choose by setting the multimedia options in the control panel. In theory it is possible to listen to one whilst recording on the other, but not to have both outputting at the same time.
    If you can ever find a way to do this theysay there is a pacific island where you can get a second pair of ears fitted to hear both sets of speakers at once.

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds