can i use external stylesheet to add "share this" button to my entire site

Discussion in 'Software' started by scorchio7788, Jun 2, 2010.

1. scorchio7788

scorchio7788 Private E-2

Hi all, new to this site, hoping someone can help me out cause I cant find answers anywhere.

Basically I want to add a "share this" button to all the pages on my site, is there a quick way of doing this? maybe using an external stylesheet or something?

any advice would be much appreciated,

thanks in advance

Craig,
    Due to spammers utilizing the signature feature more and more to post links, it has become necessary for us to remove all sig links. In doing this, we are simply trying to protect all visitors and members of MajorGeeks. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

MajorGeeks Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  2. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Is there any file they all link to? It can be css, js, or any file that can include html. If there isn't one already, you will need to edit them all, anyway. I might be able to write a script to add it to all of them for you, though, if you want it in the same place on every page.

3. scorchio7788

scorchio7788 Private E-2

That would be absolutely briiliant if you could, I really appreciate it. Im still learning the ropes and this has had me stumped for a while. Yeah I want it in the same position on every page, bottom right or left, after all the content within the body div. this is the html code I have for my "share it" button.

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style">
    <a href="http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&amp;username=woscraig" class="addthis_button_compact">Share</a>
    <span class="addthis_separator">|</span>
    <a class="addthis_button_facebook"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_myspace"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_google"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_twitter"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#username=woscraig"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->

4. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Could you give an example of the html for the body div, and around the body div? Is it the last div in the body? If not, what tag follows it? I would like id's or other identifying attributes. I shouldn't need the content in the div, but if it should always follow the same thing on each page it would simplify the script. Also, if you aren't on Windows, I'll need to brush up on whatever scripting your system uses.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds