Can I use my laptop to see my desktop computer information?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by haydav, Jul 15, 2007.

1. haydav

haydav Private E-2

My monitor is broken (spilt some liquid on it!) I can't afford a new one just now:cry Thanks in advance!

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you have an adaptor-usb to ide/ sata connector , you could connect to your laptop usb port, and read the hard drive that way, otherwise if a friend has a computer that you could slave drive your pc hard drive, you could read/copy from there.

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

If your laptop and desktop both have XP AND THERE IS A USER ACCOUNT is defined on both computers you might get REMOTE DESKTOP running, to use the laptop to log onto the desktop and control view it.

This proceedure requires some expert tickling, can you get any on site help?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds