can not find network driver!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrhazmat, Jun 11, 2013.

1. mrhazmat

mrhazmat Private E-2

ok trying to locate a driver for a hp pavilion a6403w. i have searched hp, with no luch (big shocker there) and i have searched online and installed countless drivers that say they will work but don't. this desktop is driving me insane! please some one help. device manager says network controller driver isn't installed. but when i install the chip set driver from hp it does nothing. i ran Everest home edition like i saw in another post on here but it doesn't give me any name on the motherboard. i did find online that the Ethernet adapter should be a RTL8201CL by realtek. but again search the internet and can not find a usable driver. thanks for all the help in advance.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Which version of Windows are you running? XP? Vista? 7? 32bit? 64bit? including Service Packs please.

Have a look at this page. It may surprise you. It's for XP though, but it might send you in the right direction.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. mrhazmat

mrhazmat Private E-2

sorry for the late response, i have been on vacation. it is a standard version of windows vista home. as for service packs....it doesn't have any. its a clean install, i was redoing the desktop for a friend.

4. mdonah

Follow the hyperlink I put in post #2. You may get the info you need.

5. mrhazmat

mrhazmat Private E-2

nope didn't work. any other ideas?

6. mdonah

I went on a "Search and Destroy" mission myself at the HP site. Your computer came up on page 21 of the search results.

As for the drivers, HP lists the LAN as Realtek when it's actually nVidia (that's why I told you to look at the page that would surprise you).

There are Vista drivers available, but I don't know if you're running 32-bit or 64-bit. Go to this page, select the version you're running and scroll down to "Driver - Original". Select the "Spring 2008 Original NVIDIA LAN Driver". Hopefully that will do the trick for you. :)

7. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

8. mrhazmat

mrhazmat Private E-2

i am running 32 bit and falcon i already know the model number and everything. i looked all over that page most of those drivers i have already tried. so i dont know what else to do

9. mdonah

Did you try the "Spring 2008 Original NVIDIA LAN Driver" from the page I posted a link to?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds