Can someone help me pleaseee!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by The Glad Rapper, Oct 14, 2008.

1. The Glad Rapper

The Glad Rapper Private E-2

downloaded a video and it won't open, it says "use web or browse programs to open" or whatever. It is an Avi file and had something called "Windows Shell Commor (Common?)" with the little paper emblem as the open program. I changed it to Winrar so now it's Winrar but it doesn't give me an option to extract.

2. The Glad Rapper

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try VLC player. Install the program and drag the avi into it to play.

You might want to make sure it is an avi. Do you have file extensions showing? Open "My Computer" and on the Tools menu choose Folder Options then on the View tab uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for know filetypes". This will show the .extension of all your files which comes in handy.

4. The Glad Rapper

I have windows vista and the path your showed didn't work, maybe thats for XP and lower but I I'm such a computer illiterate I could mess that up as well:-D

5. The Glad Rapper

and they are split files, set of 3

6. The Glad Rapper

oh wait I found it, what you said about the hide extensions box I unchecked it so now what

7. The Glad Rapper

8. sach2

The photos in the picture are for the Aero theme which just changes the colors of your open windows. The files are too small to be a video. Video files will be in the 10-1200mb size range.

9. The Glad Rapper

I just google imaged Window Shell Commor for a picture to show, that isn't the actual picture from the file. I changed the open program from windows shell commor to winrar so now it will only open with WinRar but the logo is weird next to the file, it's like a smaller WinRar logo over the paper logo for Window Shell Commor logo

10. sach2

The set of 3 files what do they end in? Some split files that end in numbers like .001 .002 etc. use Hjsplit to put them back together.

11. The Glad Rapper

hey thanx alot sach, it worked, thanx a bunch

12. sach2

You're welcome, glad it worked for you. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds