Can`t save images or download them.

Discussion in 'Software' started by catpoop, May 28, 2008.

1. catpoop

catpoop Private E-2

I did something stupid yesterday & as a result I can`t save images or download them.I removed something from my control panel that I didn`t recognize.Thinking I could save some memory.The problem now is I can`t remember what it was to put it back.Any ideas about what I probably removed.
    Thanx:confused

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

If you do a system restore to a time before you removed it there is a chance you will get it back but try to remember not to do it again.

3. catpoop

catpoop Private E-2

Where would I find the system restore? In the control panel?
    Thanx

Actually I did find it.Is there more to it then just clicking system restore?Thats what I tried but it still doesn`t work.
    Thanx

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
  4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

if you click "START then CONTROL PANEL when that opens you will see MAINTAINENCE click on that and there you will find SYSTEM RESTORE click that and follow the instructions untill you get a screen with dates and things you have done to the PC "installed programs" and such, pick a time that was before you did your little delete job and click on it then it should be highlighted in blue click on NEXT and continue to follow the on screen instructions.

good luck

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Some clarification would be helpful here. Do you mean you opened Control Panel and then opened Add or Remove Programs and then removed a program, or what? If you uninstalled a program, System Restore is not going to get that program back for you.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

i did not see that USAFVET maybe i should pay more attention to what i am reading :eek:

7. catpoop

catpoop Private E-2

i clicked on the blue & changed the date to May 21.When I click the blue nothing happens.

8. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

after May 21 turns blue click NEXT it should display a screen that says "your PC will be restored to May 21" again click NEXT and it should start to restore.

depending on how much you have done with your PC depends on how long it will take from 10 to30 min but a screen will display the progress and when it is finished it will restart your PC.

as USAFVETERAN said if you have removed a program with ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS this will not help,

9. catpoop

catpoop Private E-2

I think there mite be something else wrong because I tried to restore using 3 different bold marked dates & it`s telling me that the task cannot be completed. Grrrr

10. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am sorry the quick fix did not work.

now it's time to do some more serious work, this procedure is designed to find your problem if you follow the instructions the tech people here will give you help.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

if you have any problems during the procedure post in malware and help will be on hand but don't expect it to be instant as there are a number of people being helped at the same time.

good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds