Can you edit .pdf files with another program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Elast, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Elast

Elast Private E-2

I have Adobe reader not the full version. I want to open/edit these types of files with another program such as Excell or whatever. Are there other programs out there to do this?

Thanks Elast:)

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I've actually looked into this on the request of the executives here at work. I found that there are alternative programs that can edit PDF files, but I found that few, if any were as good as Adobe Acrobat, and none I found are free.

There are, however, all sorts of ways to create a NEW PDF file for free. I can recommend you to one of these, if you are interested.

3. Elast

Elast Private E-2

Mada_Milty, My issue is that I get all kinds of .pdf files here from my various suppliers. Some I would like to edit. I would like the names of the programs that you suggested though

Elast:)

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I use PDF Creator. This actually creates a virtual printer on any machine it is installed on, and you can print to it from any program. Instead of printing a hard copy, it just turns the document into a PDF file.

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds