Can you help me turn my computer on?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shred_bringer, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shred_bringer

Shred_bringer Private E-2

Hello everyone,

Well my name is Nick and I've got a problem and I hope this the correct section to post it.

I don't use any antivirus I just run malwarebytes once a week. I ran it a couple of days ago and it found a virus but said it couldn't delete it so I tried but was told I couldn't either because the file could not be read. So I ask some people what to do and someone recomended to run the malwarebytes in safe mode. So I tried but could not get into safe mode from start up so I googled it and found a way to open Run and type MSCONFIG and tell it to always open in safe mode. So I did and it prompted me to restart so I did and now my computer won't turn on. Everytime it tries it goes to a blue screen and turns off. Then it turns on and gives me a list of options and eveyone results in the blue screen and restarting. What can I do to fix

Sorry if this is hard to read but I had to type it on my iPod.

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

It could be the virus or you may have some corruption on the HD. If it's the HD, boot the WinXP installation CD and at the first screen hit R for the recovery console. You may have to select which drive or partition your Windows installation is on. At the prompt type "chkdsk /r" without the quotation marks and hit enter. This will run an extensive test on the HD and make any necessary repairs. It could take a long time depending on how many problems it find and how big the HD is.

3. Shred_bringer

Ok I'll see if I can find the disk tomorrow in the mean tell I ran a diagnosti a test and it passed the quick test but about 20% through the comprehensive scan it failed it says "#2- 07 Fail" so I honestly have no clue what that means or if it helps my situation at all.

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

If you still get the blue screen, can you possibly get us the stop code?

Should look something STOP error 0x00000000. If you can get that we can track down what is causing the BSOD.

5. Shred_bringer

When the blue screen comes up it just flashes and goes away in less than a second. I took a video of it on my blackberry and paused it on the blue screen but my BB screen was too small to read and since my of is down I don't have anwhere to upload it to try and moe it bigger.

6. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Do you mean it reboots after the BSOD? I'm assuming you have XP, so try this..

[​IMG]

7. Shred_bringer

Ok that worked to get the blue screen to last.

It says:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0x80536DEB, 0xF78AA3B8, 0xF78AA0B4)

8. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

if i can walk away from the software side... have you ran any tests on the hdd or memory?

allocated space in RAM will cause intermittent BSOD then become more frequent.

hdd failures will cause os issues and other software problems.

if i am missing or need to add to troubleshooting please im or add with quotes, thanks...

9. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Can we get the full text of the screen please? There are some important parts that are missing. The easiest way to do this, if you can, is to take a photograph of the screen with a digital camera and upload the photo.

10. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

And not having an AV program is just inviting trouble. With so many good free programs out there, why are you doing it.
    And I would also add SuperAntiSpyware and SpywareBlaster to the setup for better security.

11. Shred_bringer

Ok I can't upload a photo because my laptop is the only computer I've got and I'm not sure of any other way to upload it.

But the whole screen reads:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, dissable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove of disable componets, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0x80536DEB, 0xF78AA3B8, 0xF78AA0B4)

12. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

?????
    Laptop is your only machine?
    It won't boot?
    No way to upload screenshot?

How are you posting? Can't you use the same machine to upload?

13. delvec

delvec Private E-2

First post he said he was typing the message on his iPod.

14. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

OOOps.(foot in mouth).

15. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds