Can you use HP recovery disks more than once?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Qathe, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Qathe

Qathe Private E-2

I have an HP Pavilion g7-1219wm notebook computer, with Windows 7. I have had problems with it and Geek Squad had me order recovery disks from HP to put on it. Since then I've had more problems (especially with certain drivers). Someone on the HP forums, who wrote that he works at HP, told me I needed to run the recovery disks again. But elsewhere on the HP site it says these recovery disks only work ONCE. Is that so? Are these disks now useless?!

Thanks

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You should be able to use those recovery discs whenever you choose.

The standard limitation is that when you first buy your PC there is a program to create a single set of recovery discs. The program will only allow you to create one set and will not allow you to create duplicate sets.

Whether you created or purchased a set, the discs should run whenever you need them.

You may want to give some details of the problems you are having so that someone here could advise you whether or not a factory restore is your best choice or give a link to your thread over at HP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds