Cannon Mp230 Printer.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vitz, Feb 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vitz

vitz Private E-2

printer probs 002.JPG

Hi. New to the Forum. We have a Cannon MP230 Printer/Scanner. It has just started printing like this. This is one of my wife's knitting patterns. I took a pic of this this after printing, don't know how to put a scan picture on here. Its strange as the colour printing is just fine. It is only the black. Can any one help here. Many thanks. Bill.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Are you using Canon or 3rd part ink carts?
    Does the black appear wavy printed at all different resolutions?

I ask because I've seen threads of 3rd party carts causing this problem. I've also read threads where printing at the highest lever was fine but anything lower produced wavy text. (These were not your model but they were Canon printers.)

This is a very long thread. Post #3 on page 1 tells the user to clean the timing strip. This didn't solve his problem but it helped others.
    The thing that did help was to do a manual alignment and not rely on the automatic alignment. Page 4 explains to the poster how to do a manual alignment of the cartridges.

3. vitz

vitz Private E-2

Hi. Using Cannon carts, but refill myself. Thanks for that advice. Will give it a try. Cheers. Bill.

4. vitz

vitz Private E-2

Hi plodr. All colour print is fine. All large OK but not great. It is only when the print is small. As seen in the pic i posted. Cheers. Bill.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds