Cannot backup, CD and DVD Driver problem etc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ladyraven, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ladyraven

ladyraven Private E-2

Been working on this for weeks. Started with a virus - trojan and adware, that knocked out AVG and corrupted my system restore points. Corrupted a2squared and it gave me false reading- dealt with that and I am dealing with malware in that forum.

I have tried to backup my filed, pictures and music , with 2 external storage units, one a sony 2 gig another a scan 2 gig. My computer is not recognizing them. It says the sony is malfunctioning which is not true, it is working on my friends computer, and I try to burn to CD it will not let me, I am using a CD RW and it will not let me burn anything to DVD.
    Is there anything I can download to help with the burning.
    I cannot figure out how to fix the CD or DVD to burn a disc or how to get my fav's and WMP into an email to save.
    A friend is having me upload to his server
    He said to use this...The way to do this is for you to download and install

Core FTP LE 2.1 (free version)

from
    When I trouble shoot my CD and DVD windows is saying they are working fine I am confused.
    Thanks
    :eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds