cannot confirm license agreement in ME

Discussion in 'Software' started by Joe Conlon, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Joe Conlon

Joe Conlon Private E-2

I had a hard drive replaced on hp pavillion. I have also previously loaded xp over the oem Win me, updated the bios and removed a scuzzi card...
    I have reloaded me and reformatted several times and cannot toggle to accept the 2nd part of the license agreement. any one else had these issues did you find a solution. I think I have to buy a new xp full install cd?? rolleyes

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Why do you need a new XP OS install disc?? did you not have the disc when you put it on the other drive?? and you can use the license off the other xp install as it's for the same machine.

iain.t :major

3. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

heh i've had to deal with this before on ME. you're going to have to make use of your TAB, SPACEBAR, alt-tab keys. Or plug it up to another monitor may help, it's because of the low resolution. You're pretty much going to have to guess what you're accepting for a while. Good luck heh

4. Joe Conlon

Joe Conlon Private E-2

I tried putting xp on also and had the same issue..me came with the computer. it was a full install cd thought i'd try it first...Its gonna be for the kids

5. Joe Conlon

Joe Conlon Private E-2

Resolution could be the problem.I'll try a different monitor.
    I think I made so many changes to the original configuration that the bios will not allow the installation on what it sees as a "new computer"

6. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Unless BIOs doesn't even see the hard drive you're trying to reformat with Windows, this has never been the root of the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds