Cannot delete file - No target

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pozzydrive, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi I've tried to delete a personal file from my laptop, but find it will not delete I keep getting a window with - Cannot delete Header~1.Gif: cannot find the specified file make sure you specify the correct path and file name, the problem is I remember deleting all of the contents of the file but not the file itself so I must have caused this problem and now cannot resolve it, can someone shed some light on it for me, thankyou.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

is view all files and folders switched on and have you stopped any programs running that might need this to work? not that it will but sometimes that's the case!

4. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Halo you must be my guardian angel, thankyou will try it when I get home.

5. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi McA, not sure what you mean, but I dont have any problems with deleting anything else, thanks anyway.

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

lol ok, if you go my computer > tools > folder options > view tab and then select view all files and folders.

have you deleted the file yet or is it still on there?

7. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Work away from home will try when I get back, thanks.

8. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Halo managed to delete file, thankyou.

9. DavidGP

which method did you use Pozzy?

10. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Also, just out of curiosity, what OS are you using? XP, 98, ME, or what. For W9x, you can always delete from the command prompt, as a last resort. Bazza

===

11. DavidGP

He's using XP Pro as I remember Bazza, looked at some old posts of his concerning EZCD creator.

12. bigbazza

Thanks Halo. I went back through this thread before I asked what OS. No mention of OS so I thought I'd ask. Bazza

===

13. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Halo, first of all let me apologise for not replying to you earlier I have been away on holiday for a fortnight and have also had a bereavement in my family, as for deleting the file I used the crap cleaner, pretty good, I think the file must have had a lost link, once again thank you for that.

14. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Bazza, sorry for not replying I was away on holiday, have now managed to delete using crap cleaner, thank you anyway.

15. bigbazza

Sorry to hear of your bereavement.

Crap Cleaner is great.

Cleanup! http://www.stevengould.org/ (turn up your volume to full for a laugh)

plus

EmpTemp http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1575

plus

CrapCleaner aka CCleaner http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4191

is even better. Believe me, all 3 are free, do not conflict with each other. Each finds somethings the others miss. I run them all, every day. Baz
    ===

16. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Thanks for that Big Bazza, will give those others a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds